...
中文PortuguêsEspañolContact Us
Home > Cultural Sites

Huitong Village

updated : 2016-03-15

会同村.jpg

Situated on hilly land in the north of Fenghuang Mt, with an atmosphere of primitive simplicity, Huitong Village was built in the Qing dynasty (1644-1911) in 1732. Relics there include the Memorial Archway erected at the very beginning, ancestral temples and watchtowers, well-patterned dwellings, and the Mok’s abstinence hall, also known as “Qixia Nunnery.” The so-called nunnery is sited in the west of the Village, and was built by Mok Yongyu, who had family members of three generations serving as chief compradors of Hong Kong Butterfield & Swire Co.

Address: Jinding, Tangjiawan Town, Zhuhai

Buses: 3, 10, 68; transfer to Bus 65 at the Jinding Market and get off at the Huitong Road intersection


In Focus

Contact Us

About Zhuhai
Overview
Livable City
Events & Exhibitions
Sister Cities
Historical Figures
Cultural Legacies
Hengqin Free Trade Zone
Zhuhai in Foreigners' Eyes
Maps
Videos
News
In Focus
Infographics
Zhuhai on Foreign Media
Airshow China
China Int'l Circus Festival
WTA Elite Trophy Zhuhai
Doing Business
Business Environment
Policies
MICE Facilities
Industrial Parks
Cultural & Creative Parks
Companies & Projects
Download
Visiting
Sights
Major Islands
Cultural Sites
Dining
Transportation
Hotels
Living
Visa
Shopping
Entertainment
Education
Medicare
Hotline
Copyright © 2015 Zhuhai Municipal Government. All rights reserved. Presented by China Daily