- Welcome Mat
- What's Happening
- Rich in Culture
- Doing Business
- Living Here
Newlyweds who dream of exchanging vows on pristine shores and receiving blessings from elderly couples have a rare opportunity to join a grand wedding reception Sept 27-29 ceremony on Zhuhai's Wanshan Archipelago.
The Wanshan Marine Development Experimental Zone that administrates the archipelago is seeking 70 newlywed couples from across the country to purchase a wedding package service that is upscale yet economical. Taking part costs just 1,399 yuan ($203) due to a plethora of sponsors.
Accepting applications until July 20, the reception will bring together the charm of Zhuhai's beloved islands and natural beauty of the coast.
Unforgettable memories are promised as the one-stop service includes a special premium hotel stay, ceremony, banquets, island wedding shoot, and nuptials video service. Honeymoons, convivial parties and other activities can be tailored according to a couple's requests.
Furthermore, elders who have lived convivially together for more than 50 years will be invited as chief witness at the ceremonies.
Newlyweds will receive luxury accommodations, five-star services, and stunning surroundings at the super five-star Gree Dong'ao Hotel, an ideal backdrop for the special day.
Press conference for Wanshan Archipelago's first collective wedding ceremony
Couples who meet legal marriage conditions and have obtained marriage certificates.
II. Deadline for applications
1. 1,399 yuan per couple, which includes:
(1) Transportation: Luxury cruise on chartered ship from Xiangzhou Port of Zhuhai to Dong'ao Island;
(2) Accommodations: One night at a Zhuhai urban hotel (standard king size or twin room); two nights at Gree Dong’ao Hotel (sea view, spacious bedroom). The retail price is 4,388 yuan ($636) per room per night, which mean stays beyond the event period should be paid according to the counter price for the extended dates. Rooms can be upgraded for an additional fee.
(3) Meals: Three breakfasts, two Chinese meals, two dinners (Western breakfast, romantic lunch and luxury wedding reception);
(4) Insurance coverage: 300,000 yuan ($43,456) personal accident insurance;
(5) Exclusive gift packs:
Professional makeup, wedding video, photography services;
Customized wedding rings made of pearls produced on the Wanshan islands;
Digital wedding photos;
Commemorative marriage certificates;
The price does not include:
(1) Transportation: Return trip from Dong'ao Island and other transportation fees;
(2) Clothing: Brides need to bring their own wedding dresses and evening gowns, and grooms tuxedos or suits, or rent them from the organizer;
(3) Others: Personal consumption and charged items;
(4) Charged items: Romantic island honeymoon vacation packages (yacht sightseeing, helicopter tours, honeymoon vacations to other islands, etc.).
2. Fees for relatives and friends
Accompanying friends and relatives should arrange their own itinerary, air tickets, hotels, ferry tickets, etc. They can also participate in the Happy Party and Marine Wedding Banquet at their own expense:
(1) Happy Party: 399 yuan ($58) per person (original price 499 yuan ($72) per person), including beach seafood buffet + barbecue, performances, games, and lucky draws.
(2) Marine Wedding Banquet: 299 yuan ($43) per person (original price 399 yuan, $58), including luxury seafood dinner, performances, and souvenir draws.
Deluxe room at Gree Dong'ao Hotel [Photos by Cheng Lin / Zhuhai Daily]
(1) Happy Party and Marine Wedding Banquet, if bought at the same time, cost 599 yuan ($87) per person (original price: 898 yuan, $130). First come, first served.
(2) Relatives and friends should submit their information and pay fees through newlyweds who have already been selected.
Note: There are 75 sea-view bedrooms at Nansha Bay and Nanshazui hotels. They are limited to newlyweds.
IV. Registration process
(1) Online registration:
A. Follow the WeChat account (ID: zhwsqd), click buttons as shown below to enter the activity registration website.
B. After carefully reading event details, click bottom button to submit registration information, including name, contact number, e-mail address, electronic version of ID card and marriage certificate, three photos of the newlyweds (each photo must be between 2MB and 10MB in JPG format).
C. Click "Submit Registration Information" button to check whether the information is complete. A pop-up window will announce that the procedure is finished. Selection results will be announced before July 31. Those chosen will be notified.
D. A WeChat group will be built by the organizer to post messages and collect fees.
(2) On-site registration:
A. Registration Location: Guangdong Wanshan Islands Tourism Development Co广东万山群岛旅游发展有限公司
Ocean Wedding Registration Office, Room 605, Yihua Commercial Center, 1113 Fenghuang Road, Xiangzhou District珠海市香洲区凤凰路1113号怡华商业中心605室海洋婚典报名处
B. Contact number: 0756-2255511
C. Bring the original and photocopy of ID card or passport and marriage registration certificate, along with three photos.